Webinar Speakers: Mai Pham, Institute for Exceptional Care
Individuals with IDD (Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities) suffer from health inequities which are in part caused by a lack of IDD identification in patient data. Please join Mai Pham (Institute for Exceptional Care) to learn more about IEC’s research into this issue and their plans for a big data solution to help clinicians and insurers better serve people with IDD.
Topics will include:
– Consequences of a lack of identification of IDD individuals in clinical datasets
– Similarities and differences between IDD identification in healthcare data and identification of other marginalized groups
– Technical challenges and opportunities
– Ethical issues and unintended consequences
– IEC’s open-source plans and industry support